Thursday, September 23, 2010

Never Gonna Dance - But Then Again, Why Not?

Like most young 5-year old girls, I took ballet lessons. And to be honest, I don't even remember it. I had zero interest, I suppose. It wasn't until I saw my first Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers film that I wanted to start dancing again. And why not? They make it look so fun and easy.


I've always loved musicals- I grew up watching White Christmas and The Wizard of Oz - and this past summer I start teaching myself how to tap dance. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any lessons in my area for my age group so this was the next option. And I must say, I was right about it being a lot of fun! Easy? Not so much, but I'm slowly improving. Hopefully I'll get even better since I auditioned and made the dance group here at college! I'm so excited to start rehearsing!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck - and have tons of fun! :")

    ReplyDelete
  2. To see Fred ang Ginger dance like that make me want to star dancing, but I'm very lazy lol.
    It's cool you start to dance, good luck :D

    ReplyDelete